If you are not a devoted fan of bigger than life Halloween costumes that only Heidi Klum's budget can cover, I feel you. The idea of spending lots of money on clothes that will be worn just one day of the year does not seem appealing? I got you!
I love the idea of putting together a Halloween look that consists of pieces that can be worn again and again and are timeless and chic. The easy way to create a dramatic look for the scariest party of the season is to combine one classic piece of clothing with more dramatic jewelry, accessories and some creative Halloween makeup and hair ideas.
You can try the following:
- LBD (Little Black Dress),
- Black velvet slippers with some Halloween inspired embroidery, i.e. skulls, spider's web, etc.
- Fun jewelry: Victorian-style chokers or bracelets, earrings. I love those Charlotte Webb's Ear Jackets!
- Show-stopping headpieces - Flapper Head Wrap from Charlotte Russe
- Little black clutch adorned with Gothic motives .
- Piece of delicate and intricate black lingerie discreetly complimenting the mood of the entire outfit.
All those pieces can be mixed and matched for so many various occasions from Halloween to New Year's parties.
What is your approach to Halloween Chic? Are you in favor of elaborate costumes or do you like the idea of creating a special look with accessories and makeup?
I'm looking forward to your opinions!