|12 Things that Can Make Your Summer More Inspiring|
This weekend, it's time to offer some cheerful inspirations. Weather in NYC makes us lazy, puts us in a nap and siesta mood, so in order to wake up from the hot temperature coma, I would like to share 13 summer inspirations that I hope will pump some creative and stylish energy into You!
1. I discovered Major Manic's art collages thanks to Instagram. I love the sense of humor and wit behind them. "First Impressions" is one of my favorite one. There is something so completely brilliant behind the idea of the Mad Man-like lobby and people with deer heads. Check their Etsy account to find out more.
2. I fell in love with David Ramirez' voice the very first note of "Harder to Lie". There is something about his singing that reminds me about Johnny Cash, that sadness, depth of lyrics and genuine beauty without trying too much. His album, Fables is out in August and he is playing in New York this October, so do not miss that date!
3. Scoutmob is a website I found recently dedicated entirely to promoting local designers, artisans and craftsmen. Any reader of my blog know very well that one of my missions is to support local creative businesses all around the world and this is one of my favorite finds. Every summer I add some sailor-style inspired sweatshirt and I really like this one. Soft terry-cloth, eco-friendly ink, what more to ask for?
4. I know, I know another basket this Summer. What can I tell, combination of pom poms and straw totes are my addiction (Design Darling)
5. Sandals are on my mind from May until the beginning of October and when I find a pair that has a girly spark, a great heel and is on sale, I cannot resist. (Massimo Dutti)
6. In the summer, we want to carry minimum during the weekend. Pouches that can fit the phone, some money and the keys are so handy and quite special when they are designed by Jonathan Adler.
12 Summer Inspirations - Slides
7. Time for true confessions, as I am naturally blonde, I have tested many shampoos, which are aimed keeping my natural color vibrant and shiny. With the new one from Oribe, I am also in love with the packaging.
8. From podcasts to blog, there is more and more praise for home cooking, preparing meals with your friends and family. Dinner a Love Story by Jenny Rosentrach is a great source of inspirations for those who would like to join the slow food trend, learn how to organize everything from buying the right ingredients, finding easy recipes to planning your time to do all of that during the week.
9. Every girl needs a cool bracelet and summer is a great time to wear it from a day at the beach to a dinner under stars. (Laguna Cuff)
10. Black dress can be worn all year long but during the summer, there are so many opportunities to add fun accessories and show off your vacation tan. With this pleated midi from Other Stories, you just can't go wrong.
11. Dinosaurs inspired jewelry is my absolute obsession, especially when it is a smiling dinosaur necklace. (Voo Store)
12. Creative people always need to jot down their ideas, in the subway, in the park, at the restaurant and all sort of unexpected places. Sometimes we all need to be reminded that we are doing our best and this notebook is a great way to do that. (Ban.do)
Please share your inspirations from fashion, culture to music and tell me what makes you happy this summer!